You need the following programs installed to run a Java program
- JDK 7 (or higher)
- IDE – Netbeans, Eclipse or
- a simple text editor – I prefer Sublime
Setting up and testing a few things before writing your first program
- Check if JDK is installed.
You can do this by running command prompt and typing java
If a long list of paragraph is shown, you can know that JDK is already installed on that machine.
Else go ahead and install JDK7 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html
- Setting up the environment variable(in Windows)
- Go to MyComputer->properties -> advanced settings -> Environment Variables
- In the path text field Insert the path upto the bin folder of the java installation folder. It usually is