IR system Architecture
- Through user interface, a user can enter his/her need(in text form).
- Text operation is carried out on the input text in the form of query operation and indexing.
- In query operation, synonyms for the input text is found out and query is generated.
- Indexing is also carried out on the text from user and text from the database and an index is produced.
- the query is used to search the index and it retrieves the matching documents.
- The retrieved documents are ranked and then displayed back to the user.
- The most abundant form of user feedback are the clicks on the documents in the results set
- Text database is also called the ‘central repository’ which is the collection of documents which can be private or be crawled from the Web.
- This database is then indexed. The most common index structure is inverted index which is composed of all the distinct words, and for each word, a list of all the documents that contain it.